Tuesday 24 February 2015

I'm bored.... LET'S PIERCE MYSELF

Piercings aaaaand the diy of it

So you want a piercing or you are fascinated by it, right?
If not move on.... I kid, I kid xD
But seriously, if you want a piercing THIS is the post for the broke ass people who just want that gorgeous stud, ring or stretched piece of skin.



Errrrrrrrmmmmmm....



What you will need

- Needle (or safety pin, if you're broke ass, and compare it to the size of the jewelry, the average piercing is 16g but it would be wise to go for a 14g due to swelling)
- Foam or cork or even an apple depending on where you are piercing and what supplies you have ( this is to help pull the needle through and press the skin to the needle tip)
- Tissues. LOTS and LOTS of tissues
- A make up mirror (or just a mirror)
- Good lighting
- Surgical gloves (optional)
- The jewelry (always go for a lasting item like surgical steel, sterling silver etc)
- Sharpie/Vivid or pen to mark area
- Ice (optional)
- Something to sterilize with


Preparation

Sterilize. Sterilize. STERILIZE. I cannot stress this enough. There are many ways in which one can do this.

1) Lighter: Burn the f<3k out of the needle until the metal is the colour of your soul
2) Alcohol: Sterilize by soaking in alcohol
3) Nail polish remover: Same as alcohol

Place ice on the area of which you wish to puncture if you aim on numbing it first. Take some Ibuprofen or any pain killers in appropriate doses. Numbing cream sounds like an interesting way to go (a great idea for tattoos I've never actually tried it on piercings).
Sterilize the needle AND the jewelry, better safe than sorry.
Make sure you have the right kind of jewelry for the piercing you are wanting. Banana Bars are the most generic kind you can get but double check the oracle of Google for metals, gauges and lengths.


Let's stick NEEDLES in ourselves!!!!

- Mark out the spot you want to pierce with the sharpie/vivid or pen
- Get a good look in the mirror and confirm the spot
- Double check that the lighting is brilliant and reflects off your pale complexion nicely
- Make faces in the mirror
- Get a good grip on that needle and place your foam/cork/apple etc on the opposite side to your needle
- Stab it!!!!
- Keep the needle in there until you have the jewelry (if you haven't purchased any by now, I demand photos of you with your needle in your skin going shopping for the jewelry to swap it with)
- Put teh jewelry in and admire your new body mod!

Source: Google Images 
(I'm not good with sources most of it is Google Images or Pinterest xD)



Other Options

Fake it til you make it. My favourite quote of all time. There are so many easy DIY ways to do it and look great with your faux-mod.
DIY links here:

Paper Clips for piercings
Faux Studs with Eyelash glue

Go ahead and find the fake way to make it (I don't know what piercings you guys are all into) but otherwise these guys righty here are reeeaaaally cheap and look good anywhere with the spring action clip and also you know those little rings that hold your charms to keychains? Stretch em out and you have a ring just like that! 
If you've got money and don't wanna DIY or pierce it, Ear Cuffs are reasonably priced and gorgeous.





Big list of common piercings YOU can do at home!

Here are some brilliant sites you can go to! I just learnt how to do links in my ICT class using HTML and honestly I'm just feeling it today, so here ya go:

Clicky heeeere for list of piercings!

Another list of piercings over yonder!

Those will have to do for now :3

But there are so many kinds of interesting piercings out there I mean check out this woman she has every inch of her face pierced xD 


Most Pierced Woman
(Most obvious caption ever)



So go forth and find out what you want and think about it. Whether you want it done pro or an at home job, whether or not you can hide it for work, school, from your parents etc and if you seriously want it like you would diiiiieeee without it!!!



I have my smiley, septum and bridge piercings because I think they flatter me. I have a web piercing under my tongue for no apparent reason (probably because the boyfriend has one) and my ears done because everyone else got theirs done when they were 5 so I did too. Honestly, I prefer the ones I chose to flatter me a LOT more than the ears and tongue frenulum. I guess, doing what everyone else did/does/has is not the BEST reason (not always a bad one if you are willing to live with the consequences) but rather to do it for you, yourself and nobody else. At the end of the day, when we morph into Vampires, it's our body. It's your body. Do what you want with it.


Read the risks, be safe, have sterilized tools and go nuts!







                  Listening to: My teacher going apesh!t   :3

No comments:

Post a Comment